Subject: Re: [RFH] GSoC 2015 application

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 02:13:42 -0500

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 10:26:15AM +0700, Duy Nguyen wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 2:14 AM, Jeff King <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > and the list of microprojects:
> >
> >   http://git.github.io/SoC-2015-Microprojects.html
> >
> 
> There is debian bug 777690 [1] that's basically about making tag's
> version sort aware about -rc, -pre suffixes. I imagine it would touch
> versioncmp.c and builtin/tag.c (to retrieve the suffixes from config
> file).
> 
> [1] https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=777690

I think that's a reasonable thing to work on, but it's too big for a
microproject and too small for a GSoC.

I think this could be an "extra credit" for the project to unify
for-each-ref, "tag -l", and "branch -l", though. That will vastly
enhance the supporting abilities the latter two (e.g., you could sort by
taggerdate).

-Peff