Subject: Re: [RFH] GSoC 2015 application

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 06:35:38 -0500

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 04:48:44AM -0500, Jeff King wrote:

> > From your list, it seems we can target 1 or 2 slots. I'd say it's still
> > worth applying, but if we don't find more mentors then perhaps it would
> > make sense to say so explicitely in
> > http://git.github.io/SoC-2015-Ideas.html so that students looking for
> > organization know that we'll have very few slots.
> 
> I don't mind doing 1 slot if that's what we have resources for. But if
> we have to say "eh, we do not really have enough mentors to support
> you", then I wonder if it is worth doing.  They do not know how many
> people have applied, or how tight the competition is.

So that being said, I did complete the application. We can still
withdraw if we want before students start applying, or we can put a
disclaimer on the ideas page.

I tweaked the application text to update it for this year, but nothing
too major. The result is at:

  http://git.github.io/SoC-2015-Org-Application.html

That content was cut-and-pasted into Google's application interface.
Matthieu, as backup admin you should have access to tweak that if there
are typos, etc (and I will probably not be available to apply fixes from
now until the deadline, so please do so if you see anything).

We can continue to improve the ideas page as time goes on. At some point
Google will look at as part of the application, but probably not right
at the deadline. :)

-Peff