Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Git Merge Contributors Summit, April 8th, Paris

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 17:09:24 -0500

I wanted to make one more announcement about this, since a few more
details have been posted at:

  http://git-merge.com/

since my last announcement. Specifically, I wanted to call attention to
the contributor's summit on the 8th. Basically, there will be a space
that can hold up to 50 people, it's open only to git (and JGit and
libgit2) devs, and there isn't a planned agenda. So I want to:

  1. Encourage developers to come. You might meet some folks in person
     you've worked with online. And you can see how beautiful we all
     are.

  2. Get people thinking about what they would like to talk about.  In
     past GitTogethers, it's been a mix of people with prepared things
     to talk about, group discussions of areas, and general kibitzing.
     We can be spontaneous on the day of the event, but if you have a
     topic you want to bring up, you may want to give it some thought
     beforehand.

If you are a git dev and want to come, please RSVP to Chris Kelly
<[email-masked]> who is organizing the event. If you would like
to come, but finances make it hard (either for travel, or for the
conference fee), please talk to me off-list, and we may be able to help.

If you have questions, please feel free to ask me, and I'll try to get
answers from the GitHub folks who are organizing the event.

-Peff