Subject: Git very slow ?

From: Ken Moffat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 01:30:07 +0000

Hi, please CC me if that is not your usual fashion, because I am not
subscribed.

I use git for my build scripts - those are accessed over nfs.  Since
I started using 2.1 and later (I don't think I used 2.0) commands
such as 'commit' take a long time before anything happens.  I
assumed that the newer version meant this would take longer.

But today^Wyesterday I was bisecting the kernel on a local
filesystem - even when the number of revisions left to test was in
the single digits, git bisect took a long time to decide which
revision should be the next one to test.  The filesystems are ext4.
Is this sort of delay normal now?

What really prompted me to ask is that I ran git blame on a script,
to see when I made a particular change so that I could add that
information to a ticket, and almost gave up waiting because it felt
as if it was taking for ever.

ĸen
-- 
Nanny Ogg usually went to bed early. After all, she was an old lady.
Sometimes she went to bed as early as 6 a.m.