Subject: Re: git-scm.com website

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 14:07:07 -0700

Hi,

David Kastrup wrote:
> Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:

>> If people don't like git-scm.com and want to have an alternate site,
>
> I think that's the basic problem here.

With all due respect:

I don't actually see a major problem here.  Any serious problems with
the site can be fixed by people submitting patches, either using
Github's UI or to the mailing list if Github's UI doesn't work for
them.  People can also try mocking up an alternative site if they have
a radical change they'd like to try, and the centrally managed DNS
entry points to whichever site is appropriate.

The old git website was git.or.cz.  That redirects to git-scm.com now.
You can see the old front page at git.or.cz/index.html (and there is a
link to the corresponding git repository near the bottom).  People
with spare time who find content on that site to migrate over are
welcome to try doing so (hint, hint).

Thanks,
Jonathan