Subject: Re:

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 17:17:16 -0400

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 02:06:22PM -0700, Stefan Beller wrote:

> > Where did you get that file from? We need to find whoever is
> > responsible and notify them so that these users who are having
> > the issue will be helped.
> 
> Given that this is part of https://github.com/github/gitignore
> which is the official collection of .gitignore files from Github,
> the company, we could ask Jeff or Michael if it is urgent.
> The actual fix being merged 3 years ago makes me belief
> it is not urgent though.

It looks like the fix they have in that repo does the right thing[1],
but for reference, you are much more likely to get results by creating
an issue or PR on that repository, rather than asking me.

-Peff

[1] The double-CR fix works because we strip a single CR from the end of
    the line (as a convenience for CRLF systems), and then the remaining
    CR is syntactically significant. But I am surprised that quoting
    like:

      printf '"Icon\r"' >.gitignore

    does not seem to work.