Subject: Re: cover letter and cc list

From: Olaf Hering <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 09:18:40 +0100

On Fri, Mar 20, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Olaf Hering <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > What does it take to send the cover letter to all people which are
> > listed in the Cc: list of the following patches? Each patch has a
> > different Cc: list. The "git send-email --help" command suggests that
> > this cmdline should do it. But the cover letter goes just to the address
> > listed in --to=:
> >
> > env TMPDIR=/dev/shm LC_ALL=C git send-email -M --stat --annotate \
> >         --cover-letter --cc-cover --to=$address \
> >         $base..$head
> 
> First step is not to drive format-patch from within send-email I
> would think.  Instead prepare them in files in a directory (with
> format-patch -o $dir).  You can edit Cc: header in 0000-*.patch
> message while you proof-read what you are going to send out.

Thanks. Then I misinterpreted what --cc-cover actually means. All Cc:
lines have to be present in the cover letter already. Would be nice if
git would run a command like this to put the list into the coverletter:

 # git log --format=%b $base..$head | grep -iw ^cc: | sort -u

In the meantime I will remember to do that step manually.

Olaf