Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] enter_repo(): fix docs to match code

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 13:41:41 -0400

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 10:35:56AM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> > In b3256eb (standardize and improve lookup rules for external local
> > repos), enter_repo() was modified to use a different precedence ordering
> > of suffixes for DWIM of the repository path, and to ensure that the
> > repository path is actually valid instead of just testing for existence.
> > However, the documentation was not modified to reflect these changes.
> > As such, fix the documentation to match the code.
> >
> > Documentation contributed by Jeff King.
> >
> > Signed-off-by: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
> > Signed-off-by: Paul Tan <[email-masked]>
> > ---
> 
> It appears to me that Peff's "squash" is nullifying everything you
> did, so a more truthful attribution might be

I'm not sure that's true. The precedence changed, and the "is it valid"
check changed. The fix for the first is from Paul, but the latter is
from me. My squash (hopefully) retained his half. My half just took more
words to change.

I'm OK with the attribution either way (I do not need the credit, but am
happy to take the blame).

-Peff