Subject: Re: gitk won't show notes?

From: Paul Mackerras <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 20:31:56 +1000

On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 01:51:40PM +0200, Michael J Gruber wrote:
> Phillip Susi venit, vidit, dixit 07.04.2015 19:08:
> > On 4/7/2015 10:13 AM, Michael J Gruber wrote:
> >> Seriously: gitk knows F5 and Shift-F5 for refresh, and I think the 
> >> latter is the thorougher refreshment.
> > 
> > Neither one makes newly added notes show up.  The only way seems to be
> > to close and restart gitk.  Looks like a bug.
> > 
> > 
> 
> Apparently, gitk rereads the refs but not commits it has read already -
> and the commit reading includes the notes lookup.
> 
> Unfortunately, my wish-fu is lacking. But I'll cc the master.
> 
> Paulus: None of updatecommits, reloadcommits and rereadrefs seem to
> reread the notes of a commit that has been displayed already if the
> notes have changed (but the other refs have not).

As far as shift-F5/reloadcommits is concerned, it looks like I should
be unsetting commitinfo in reloadcommits.

However, I agree gitk should refresh the notes in updatecommits as
well, but that will take more work.  Is git notes list the best way to
find out all the current notes?

Paul.