Subject: Re: git-owner, was Re: [bug] first line truncated with `git log --oneline --decorate --graph`

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 12:26:21 -0400

[retaining davem in cc in case he is curious, and hopefully does not
 see this as more spam :) ]

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 06:11:47PM +0200, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> On 2015-04-16 17:56, David Miller wrote:
> > Hey folks, please remove git-owner from the CC: list, that goes
> > to me and not the list :-)
> 
> I feared as much, but I cannot recall putting you on any Cc: myself.
> It appeared to me as if the list added git-owner@vger as sender, at
> least under *some* circumstances...

Weird. In a nearby thread with the same problem, the first email that
mentions git-owner in a cc header is yours[1]. It's in reply to a
message that does not mention git-owner at all[2], except in the
"Sender" field. Your agent header looks like:

  User-Agent: Roundcube Webmail/1.1.0

Maybe their "reply to all" function is a little over-zealous?

Messages from you from a few days ago do not show this problem, but
several starting on the 15th do. I don't see anything changing in the
messages from the list. Maybe your webmail provider changed something?
Or maybe it is a difference between replying to the version that came
through the list rather than one that came straight to you.

-Peff

[1,2] Rather than link to an archive, I'll attach full messages as I
      received them to make sure the headers are intact.