Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 3/3] connect: improve check for plink to reduce false positives

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 23:53:44 -0400

On Sun, Apr 26, 2015 at 08:30:12PM +0000, brian m. carlson wrote:

> The git_connect function has code to handle plink and tortoiseplink
> specially, as they require different command line arguments from
> OpenSSH (-P instead of -p for ports; tortoiseplink additionally requires
> -batch).  However, the match was done by checking for "plink" anywhere
> in the string, which led to a GIT_SSH value containing "uplink" being
> treated as an invocation of putty's plink.
> 
> Improve the check by looking for "plink" or "tortoiseplink" (or those
> names suffixed with ".exe") only in the final component of the path.
> This has the downside that a program such as "plink-0.63" would no
> longer be recognized, but the increased robustness is likely worth it.
> Add tests to cover these cases to avoid regressions.

Thanks, I think this version looks good. It's possible that it's too
tight, but I think it represents our best guess at what is reasonable,
and we can only know more by getting it into the hands of users
(hopefully while it is cooking during this release cycle, but I am not
incredibly optimistic about such things).

-Peff