Subject: Re: [PATCH] t7502-commit.sh: fix a broken and-chain

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 22:11:33 -0400

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 01:04:44PM +0100, Ramsay Jones wrote:

> This test recently started failing for me. I haven't heard anyone
> else complaining about this, so maybe I should look into why my
> environment may be different to everyone else ... :-D (when I can
> find some time, of course!)
>
> [...]
>  test_expect_success !AUTOIDENT 'do not fire editor when committer is bogus' '
> -	>.git/result
> +	>.git/result &&

It looks like 92b269f (test-lib: turn on GIT_TEST_CHAIN_LINT by default,
2015-04-22) made it into pu recently, so you are probably just the first
person to test it whose system matches !AUTOIDENT (which in turn is
based on things like whether we can come up with a plausible-looking
email from your system).

Patch itself is obviously correct, and it looks like Junio has already
picked it up for pu. Thanks.

-Peff