Subject: Re: multiple source file extensions

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2015 22:35:04 -0400

On Sat, May 02, 2015 at 09:11:16AM +0700, Duy Nguyen wrote:

> On Sat, May 2, 2015 at 9:04 AM, Duy Nguyen <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > On Fri, May 01, 2015 at 09:11:01PM -0400, Jeff King wrote:
> >> Unfortunately there is no way to use curly braces with git's pathspec,
> >> so you have to write out three separate `*` arguments rather than using
> >> the shell-style {cc,cpp,h}.
> >
> > Noted. Need to add curly brace support in pathspec :-)
> 
> Naah people can just do
> 
> git grep pattern -- '*'.{cc,cpp,h}
> 
> and bash will take care of expanding it into three separate arguments.
> Obscure, but pathspec is also obscure..

Thanks, I had a vague notion that I should be able to convince the shell
to do it for me, but of course "*.{cc,cpp,h}" doesn't work. I always
forget about breaking up parameters into two parts with different
quoting like this.

I agree we don't really need curly braces in pathspecs. :)

-Peff