Subject: Re: [PATCH] doc: fix unmatched code fences

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 00:36:09 -0400

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 09:32:45PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> >> It obviously is not a title underline as the lengths are vastly
> >> different.
> >
> > Yes, but Python Asciidoc allows the lengths to differ.
> 
> Hmmm, I thought the title underline was a bit more strict. I do
> recall having to fix manual pages for many commands, but we do not
> add new commands these days anymore, so perhaps things have changed
> since then.

I think it is loose in AsciiDoc and strict in AsciiDoctor, so we have
been slowly making sure they are all consistent. And we missed one,
which will be in the series I'll send in a moment. :)

I suspect the potential ambiguity is one of the reasons that AsciiDoctor
went with the stricter rule.

-Peff