Subject: Re: Git: How to keep multiple bare repos in sync?

From: chenxitwo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 15:01:42 +0800

not remote sync.  

We have three teams to participate in the same project, and is located in different places. Bandwidth that between the two of our teams is not enough. Three teams have their own git server. Like this kind of situation, how should handle?

chenxitwo

From: Junio C Hamano
Date: 2015-05-13 12:37
To: chenxitwo
CC: git
Subject: Re: Git: How to keep multiple bare repos in sync?
chenxitwo <[email-masked]> writes:

> There are three git server(bare repos), but i don't know to solve the
> problem that how to keep these git servers in sync.

rsync?

The problem is under-specified.  Is there one of them that is
authoritative and that the other ones should match its progress?
If so, perhaps push from the authoritative one to the other two
with "push --mirror" (or have the other ones "fetch --mirror")?

If you are allowing people to push into any of them randomly,
then there is no general solution.  If I push an update to 'master'
of instance A while you update the same 'master' branch of instance
B, somebody has to reconcile the divergence between the two by
creating a merge, and that can possibly conflict, needing human
intervention to resolve.