Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/8] asciidoc fixups

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 13:38:29 -0400

On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 09:43:56AM +0200, Johannes Schindelin wrote:

> > Yeah, I tried what you wrote earlier in [1], but it didn't work. But I
> > just realized it has misplaced quotes. Doing:
> > 
> >   make ... ASCIIDOC_EXTRA="-a 'litdd=&#45;&#45;'"
> > 
> > seems to work OK.
> 
> Oh darn, I really meant to include this link:
> 
> https://github.com/git-for-windows/MINGW-packages/blob/af36666c829f64847737e783c34ab20402030648/mingw-w64-git/PKGBUILD#L71
> 
> which documents how Git for Windows defines `litdd`.

Hmm, you use the same "stuck" parameter -alitdd=..., whereas it only
worked for me with a space between the "-a" and the attribute. I wonder
if this is from different asciidoctor versions.

My asciidoctor just comes from the Debian package. Looks like it's over
a year old at this point. I should probably be testing with something
more recent.

-Peff