Subject: Re: test suite failure t5570, 8 with v2.4.1-168-g1ea28e1

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 23:01:18 -0400

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 12:16:57PM -0700, Stefan Beller wrote:

> I did have a special flag set, which is
> CC = /usr/lib/gcc-snapshot/bin/gcc
> which is using the latest snapshot of the gcc compiler
> gcc (Ubuntu 20140405-0ubuntu1) 4.9.0 20140405
> (experimental) [trunk revision 209146]

I'm not sure 2014 counts as the "latest". :) My stock compiler is 4.9.2,
and gcc-snapshot on Debian unstable is:

  gcc (Debian 20150516-1) 6.0.0 20150516 (experimental)
  [trunk revision 223239]

> Could somebody try to reproduce the failing test using the latest gcc
> snapshot compiler?

Both versions I listed above seem to work fine for me. Of course we
can't definitively rule out git provoking undefined behavior in certain
compiler versions, but short of more data, I'd say it's probably a gcc
bug in 4.9.0 which has since been fixed.

-Peff