Subject: Re: Redirect "git" subcommand to itself?

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 01:22:27 -0400

On Wed, May 27, 2015 at 06:53:26PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> > I wonder if we want to make a "git" subcommand, which behaves exactly
> > the same as git itself?
> > Then "git git git status" would just return the same as "git status".
> 
> A few unrelated thoughts.
> 
>  * Perhaps we should omit 'git' from these advice-texts?  E.g.
> 
>      use "revert --abort" to cancel
> 
>    I dunno.

Please don't. You help the set of people who type "git" and then paste
the rest of the command at the expense of people who just  paste the
whole command. We don't know the relative numbers of those people, but
we know there is at least 1 in each group. ;)

-Peff