Subject: PATCH [git/contrib] Avoid failing to create ${__git_tcsh_completion_script} when 'set noclobber' is in effect (af7333c)

From: Ariel Faigon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2015 12:54:51 -0700

Junio,

This is my 1st time doing this, sorry.
I hope this satisfies the git Sign Off procedure.

Problem Description:

tcsh users who happen to have 'set noclobber' elsewhere in their ~/.tcshrc or ~/.cshrc startup files get a 'File exist' error, and the tcsh completion file doesn't get generated/updated.  Adding a `!` in the redirect works correctly for both clobber and noclobber users.

Developer's Certificate of Origin 1.1

        By making a contribution to this project, I certify that:

        (a) The contribution was created in whole or in part by me and I
            have the right to submit it under the open source license
            indicated in the file; or

        (b) The contribution is based upon previous work that, to the best
            of my knowledge, is covered under an appropriate open source
            license and I have the right under that license to submit that
            work with modifications, whether created in whole or in part
            by me, under the same open source license (unless I am
            permitted to submit under a different license), as indicated
            in the file; or

        (c) The contribution was provided directly to me by some other
            person who certified (a), (b) or (c) and I have not modified
            it.

        (d) I understand and agree that this project and the contribution
            are public and that a record of the contribution (including all
            personal information I submit with it, including my sign-off) is
            maintained indefinitely and may be redistributed consistent with
            this project or the open source license(s) involved.

 Signed-off-by: Ariel Faigon <[email-masked]>

 git patch follows.

---
 contrib/completion/git-completion.tcsh | 2 +-
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/contrib/completion/git-completion.tcsh b/contrib/completion/git-completion.tcsh
index 6104a42..4a790d8 100644
--- a/contrib/completion/git-completion.tcsh
+++ b/contrib/completion/git-completion.tcsh
@@ -41,7 +41,7 @@ if ( ! -e ${__git_tcsh_completion_original_script} ) then
 	exit
 endif
 
-cat << EOF > ${__git_tcsh_completion_script}
+cat << EOF >! ${__git_tcsh_completion_script}
 #!bash
 #
 # This script is GENERATED and will be overwritten automatically.