Subject: Re: "git am" and then "git am -3" regression?

From: Jeff King <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2015 04:32:44 -0400

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 10:09:43AM +0200, Matthieu Moy wrote:

> > Yeah, having to worry about two implementations of "git am" is a real
> > pain. If we are close on merging the builtin version, it makes sense to
> > me to hold off on the am.threeway feature until that is merged. Trying
> > to fix the ordering of the script that is going away isn't a good use of
> > anybody's time.
> 
> So, the best option seems to be:
> 
> 1) Revert d96a275 (git-am: add am.threeWay config variable, 2015-06-04)
> 
> 2) Include the C port of d96a275 together with tests and docs verbatim
>    from d96a275 into Paul's series.
> 
> Actually, doing 1) is probably a good idea anyway, there's no reason to
> hold the release for such minor feature.

I think step 1 is done already for v2.5.0, in 15dc5b5.

We _could_ fix it in the script version for the upcoming cycle, but if
we are merging builtin-am during this cycle, I do not see the point.

-Peff