Subject: git-send-email and IPv6-only host

From: Stéphane Graber <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 00:11:19 -0400

Hello,

I've recently switched my home network to be IPv6-only, using NAT64 and
DNS64 to reach IPv4 hosts. Pretty much everything I use day to day just
kept on working fine, but I keep finding some small problems here and
there, mostly to do with perl software.

One of those is git-send-email which isn't capable of talking to an IPv6
SMTP server.

I've locally patched my git-send-email to add:

    require Net::INET6Glue::INET_is_INET6;

This seems to be the magic bullet for all IPv6 problems I've had with
perl software, though I'm not sure whether this is an acceptable fix
upstream as this does bring an additional dependency to git-send-email.
Maybe making this require conditional somehow would work, not that I'd
know how as I've not touched perl in over a decade.

Anyway, I figured that short of having a branch I'm happy with for
git-send-email, I'd at least send you a bug report along with my current
fix/workaround.

Thanks!

Stéphane