Subject: Dependency query regarding contrib scripts

From: Richard Ipsum <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2015 16:52:10 +0000

Hi,

Having read the docs for integrating new subcommands into git[1] I am looking
for some clarification of the following,

"While we strongly encourage coding in portable C for portability,
these [C, shell, perl] specific scripting languages are also acceptable.
We won’t accept more without a very strong technical case,
as we don’t want to broaden the Git suite’s required dependencies"

Does this also mean that use of non-core modules by, for example, perl scripts,
is out of the question for contrib scripts? Or is it acceptable but ideally
minimised?

In particular I'd like to be able to make use of Git::Raw[2] and also ideally
the Moo framework[3].

Thanks,
Richard Ipsum

[1]: ftp://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/v2.4.0/howto/new-command.html
[2]: http://search.cpan.org/~jacquesg/Git-Raw-0.58/lib/Git/Raw.pm
[3]: http://search.cpan.org/~haarg/Moo-2.000002/lib/Moo.pm