Subject: Working towards a common review format for git

From: Richard Ipsum <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 14:08:31 +0000

Hi,

In a prior email I mentioned in passing a library I've been working
on to try to reach a common format for storing review content in git:
perl-notedb.[1]

I'm making reasonable progress with this but my work has uncovered
necessary (and trivial) modifications to Notedb, the first[2] is a
trivial modification to ensure the 'Status' trailer gets written
to the commit when a change's status changes. The second[3] is an RFC
where I suggest adding a 'Commit' trailer so that it is always
possible to reference the commit under review by its sha.

With these patches applied to gerrit it's possible for perl-notedb to parse
all meta content from notedb and map it to the actual git content
under review. However, my concern at present is that I'm already
operating under a fork of notedb which defeats the objective of
collaborating to produce a standard format, let's try to avoid[4]

If the gerrit folks could let me know what I need to do to get
these modifications merged, or else what we need to do to achieve
equivalent functionality I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks again,
Richard Ipsum

[1]: https://bitbucket.org/richardipsum/perl-notedb
[2]: https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/73436/
[3]: https://gerrit-review.googlesource.com/#/c/73602/
[4]: https://xkcd.com/927/