Subject: Re: GSoC 2016 Microproject

From: Thomas Gummerer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 13:22:28 +0100

On 03/01, Sidhant Sharma wrote:
>
> > If you use PARSE_OPT_HIDDEN, I think you don't need to specify a message. Otherwise, the documentation only has value if it contains more than just the option name, but that is the hard part if you're not familiar with the code. The best place to find documentation is in the history (git blame the file and see if the commit message introducing the option enlightens you). But that's why I said this didn't have to be part of the microproject: writting good doc requires a good understanding of the whole thing ...
> I used OPT_HIDDEN_BOOL for all except for reject-thin-pack-for-testing, where I used PARSE_OPT_HIDDEN. I ran the test locally and also on Travis, and the all tests passed. How do I proceed now?

Now you can send a patch to the mailing list.  See
Documentation/SubmittingPatches for more details.

It usually is helpful to send the patches to yourself first as well,
and try to apply them using git am, to avoid mistakes in the patch
submission.

>
> Thanks and regards,
> Sidhant Sharma [:tk]
> --
> To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe git" in
> the body of a message to [email-masked]
> More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

--
Thomas