Subject: Re: [Opinion gathering] Git remote whitelist/blacklist

From: Aaron Schrab <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 18:24:51 -0400

At 14:55 +0200 24 May 2016, Matthieu Moy <[email-masked]> wrote:
>So, when trying a forbidden push, Git would deny it and the only way to
>force the push would be to remove the blacklist from the config, right?
>
>Probably the sanest way to go. I thought about adding a "git push
>--force-even-if-in-blacklist" or so, but I don't think the feature
>deserves one specific option (hence add some noise in `git push -h`).

It might make sense to bypass the blacklist checking if the existing 
--no-verify is used.  In the past I've used a pre-push hook to implement 
a similar method of preventing accidental pushes, and found that to be a 
good way to skip the checking when I wanted to override the check for a 
specific push.  The builtin blacklist checking could be seen as another 
type of verification.  The downside to that would be that if the 
blacklist was used along with a pre-push hook for different types of 
checks users would likely only be able to see the error message from one 
of them; but that could also apply to a pre-push hook that implements 
different types of checks and short circuits at the first failure.