Subject: [PATCH v2 0/3] Better ref summary alignment in "git fetch"

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 18:08:40 +0700

v2 reformats "abc/common -> def/common" to "{abc -> def}/common"
instead and fall back to "a -> b" when they have nothing in commmon
(e.g. "HEAD -> FETCH_HEAD"). We could add an option if a user wants to
stick with "a -> b" (and we could do some alignment there as well) but
it's not part of this series.

It's a shame that the flag '-' in these ref update lines is not the
same in fetch and push (see 1/3). Because git-fetch does not support
--porcelain option, maybe it's not too late to change its meaning...  

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (3):
  git-fetch.txt: document fetch output
  fetch: refactor ref update status formatting code
  fetch: reduce duplicate in ref update status lines

 Documentation/git-fetch.txt |  53 +++++++++++++++++++++
 builtin/fetch.c             | 112 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 t/t5510-fetch.sh            |   4 +-
 t/t5526-fetch-submodules.sh |  26 +++++-----
 4 files changed, 141 insertions(+), 54 deletions(-)

-- 
2.8.2.524.g6ff3d78