Subject: [PATCH v3 0/6] Better ref summary alignment in "git fetch"

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 10:11:35 +0700

This is so people can play with new output format... v3 adds one extra
pass to calculate width (4/6) and swap flag code 'x' and '-' with '-'
and 't' to align with push flag code (3/6). These are definitely good
improvements.

5/6 and 6/6 add two new formats "{ -> origin}/abc" and "abc -> origin/$".
Format output is selected by config key fetch.output. I'm tempted to
replace '$' with '&' as it usually means "what was matched" in s///

I don't think we'll want both new formats in the end. One of them (or
a new format) will win as the optional format. The aligned "remote ->
local" should stay default format. And later on we could break lines
at "->" for very long lines as Marc suggested.

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (6):
  git-fetch.txt: document fetch output
  fetch: refactor ref update status formatting code
  fetch: change flag code for displaying tag update and deleted ref
  fetch: align all "remote -> local" output
  fetch: reduce duplicate in ref update status lines with { -> }
  fetch: reduce duplicate in ref update status lines with placeholder

 Documentation/config.txt    |   4 +
 Documentation/git-fetch.txt |  54 ++++++++++
 builtin/fetch.c             | 233 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------
 3 files changed, 251 insertions(+), 40 deletions(-)

-- 
2.8.2.524.g6ff3d78