Subject: [PATCH/RFC 0/4] i-t-a entries again...

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 18:16:39 +0700

The first two patches bring back a patch does fixes "git status" when
i-t-a entries are present (i.e. "git diff" should show new files while
"git diff --cached" should show no changes).

The third commit fixes "git commit" creating empty commits when i-t-a
entries are the only changes compared to HEAD.

The last one brings back the old behavior before 3f6d56d (commit:
ignore intent-to-add entries instead of refusing - 2012-02-07). I
still believe that current behavior has its uses. So instead of
reverting the behavior unconditonally, the user can choose to switch
back to the old behavior via config key.

The last two do not have have proper tests added because I just
created them in the last hours. This is mainly to bring back the old
discussion to see what should be the way forward.

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (4):
  diff.h: extend "flags" field to 64 bits because we're out of bits
  Resurrect "diff-lib.c: adjust position of i-t-a entries in diff"
  commit: don't count i-t-a entries when checking if the new commit is empty
  commit: reinstate commit behavior before 3f6d56d via a config option

 Documentation/diff-options.txt |  6 ++++++
 builtin/commit.c               | 14 ++++++++++----
 cache-tree.c                   | 14 +++++++++++---
 diff-lib.c                     | 18 ++++++++++++++++--
 diff.c                         |  4 +++-
 diff.h                         |  7 ++++---
 t/t2203-add-intent.sh          | 20 ++++++++++++++++++--
 wt-status.c                    |  5 +++++
 8 files changed, 73 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)

-- 
2.8.2.524.g6ff3d78