Subject: [PATCH 0/2] Log pretty format alignment improvements

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 20:18:36 +0700

The first patch was from a long time ago. The concern was it may be
breaking existing user expectation [1]. I still maintain that it's a good
thing to do and should not break anything. Hence the resubmission.

The second patch adds negative column specifier to >|() and friends.
A positive number 'n' specifies the n-th column from the left border
of the screen, '-n' specifies the n-th column from the _right_ border.

I have been happy with 2/2 improving my "git l1" (fancy --oneline)
printout for many months. It's definitely a good thing to do in my
opinion.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/277710/focus=278326

Josef Kufner (1):
  pretty: pass graph width to pretty formatting for use in '%>|(N)'

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (1):
  pretty.c: support <direction>|(<negative number>) forms

 commit.h                      |  1 +
 graph.c                       |  7 ++++++
 graph.h                       |  5 ++++
 log-tree.c                    |  2 ++
 pretty.c                      |  9 ++++++-
 t/t4205-log-pretty-formats.sh | 57 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 80 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

-- 
2.8.2.524.g6ff3d78