Subject: [PATCH] doc: git-htmldocs.googlecode.com is no more

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2016 19:41:52 -0700

http://git-htmldocs.googlecode.com/git/git.html says

 There was no service found for the uri requested.

Link to the HTML documentation on repo.or.cz instead.

I'd rather use an up-to-date https link for the rendered
documentation, but I wasn't able to find one.  According to the 'todo'
branch, prebuilt documentation is pushed to

 1. https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/git/git-htmldocs
 2. git://repo.or.cz/git-htmldocs
 3. somewhere on git.sourceforge.jp and git.sourceforge.net?
 4. https://github.com/gitster/git-htmldocs
 5. https://github.com/git/htmldocs

Of these, (1) and (4) don't provide a raw view with content-type
text/html.  (5) might be available as HTML through Jekyll, but I
wasn't able to find it --- e.g., https://git.github.io/htmldocs does
not show those pages.  I wasn't able to find (3) at all.  That leaves
(2).

Reported-by: Andrea Stacchiotti <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
---
Hi Andrea,

Andrea Stacchiotti wrote[1]:

> In the git manual (`man git`), the documentation link:
> > http://git-htmldocs.googlecode.com/git/git.html
> is broken.

Thanks for reporting.  How about this patch?

Thanks,
Jonathan

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/827844

-- >8 --
Subject: doc: git-htmldocs.googlecode.com is no more

 Documentation/git.txt | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git.txt b/Documentation/git.txt
index 5490d3c..de923db 100644
--- a/Documentation/git.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git.txt
@@ -31,8 +31,8 @@ page to learn what commands Git offers.  You can learn more about
 individual Git commands with "git help command".  linkgit:gitcli[7]
 manual page gives you an overview of the command-line command syntax.
 
-Formatted and hyperlinked version of the latest Git documentation
-can be viewed at `http://git-htmldocs.googlecode.com/git/git.html`.
+A formatted and hyperlinked copy of the latest Git documentation
+can be viewed at `http://repo.or.cz/git-htmldocs.git/blob_plain/:/git.html`.
 
 ifdef::stalenotes[]
 [NOTE]
--