Subject: [PATCH v2] doc: git-htmldocs.googlecode.com is no more

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 10:38:25 -0700

http://git-htmldocs.googlecode.com/git/git.html says

 There was no service found for the uri requested.

Link to the rendered documentation on Jekyll instead.

Reported-by: Andrea Stacchiotti <[email-masked]>
Signed-off-by: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
---
Junio C Hamano wrote:

> Even though we do have index.html -> git.html, gh-pages does not
> seem to let you follow it, so you need to start from git.html, and I
> suspect that it is why the below says "I wasn't able to find it" for
> (5).

Yup, that explains it.

> So perhaps list both?  I do not know how beefy repo.or.cz is, or how
> well connected it is to the rest of the world, but if I have to pick
> only one, I'd feel safer if we didn't have to exploit the "blob_plain/:"
> backdoor.

There's only one option that uses https, so let's just use that one.

Thanks for the pointers.

Jonathan

 Documentation/git.txt | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git.txt b/Documentation/git.txt
index 5490d3c..0fb14f1 100644
--- a/Documentation/git.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git.txt
@@ -31,8 +31,8 @@ page to learn what commands Git offers.  You can learn more about
 individual Git commands with "git help command".  linkgit:gitcli[7]
 manual page gives you an overview of the command-line command syntax.
 
-Formatted and hyperlinked version of the latest Git documentation
-can be viewed at `http://git-htmldocs.googlecode.com/git/git.html`.
+A formatted and hyperlinked copy of the latest Git documentation
+can be viewed at `https://git.github.io/htmldocs/git.html`.
 
 ifdef::stalenotes[]
 [NOTE]
--