Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] cache-tree building fix in the presence of ita entries

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2016 20:48:27 +0200

1/2 is the same as before with some test fixups from Junio.

2/2 fixes the empty tree generation found by Junio. I split it out
because the commit message in 1/2 is already long. And because it can
happen even without 1/2 (i.e. yet another bug :( though really hard to
happen).

Suppose a/b/c contains all i-t-a entries. Without 1/2, we skip adding
'c' to the tree object 'a/b' (by luck). But if 'a/b' has _nothing_
else but 'a/b/c' then again we will have an empty tree object, which
should not be added in 'a'. It's a cascading effect all the way up.

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (2):
  cache-tree.c: fix i-t-a entry skipping directory updates sometimes
  cache-tree: do not generate empty trees as a result of all i-t-a subentries

 cache-tree.c          | 20 ++++++++++++++++++--
 t/t2203-add-intent.sh | 29 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 47 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

-- 
2.8.2.537.g0965dd9