Subject: [PATCH v2] log: decorate HEAD -> branch with the same color for arrow and HEAD

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 14:49:49 +0200

Commit 76c61fb (log: decorate HEAD with branch name under
--decorate=full, too - 2015-05-13) adds "HEAD -> branch" decoration to
show current branch vs detached HEAD. The sign of whether HEAD is
detached or not is "->" (vs ",") because the branch is always colored
by type. Color the arrow the same as HEAD to visually emphasize that
the following branch is HEAD, without paying too much attention to the
actual separators "->" or ","

Signed-off-by: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
---
 I'm going to take Michael's silence as no objection to the recoloring
 the arrow. So v2 changes the arrow's color instead of the branch's.

 log-tree.c                       | 2 --
 t/t4207-log-decoration-colors.sh | 2 +-
 2 files changed, 1 insertion(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/log-tree.c b/log-tree.c
index 78a5381..e647b08 100644
--- a/log-tree.c
+++ b/log-tree.c
@@ -263,8 +263,6 @@ void format_decorations_extended(struct strbuf *sb,
 
 			if (current_and_HEAD &&
 			    decoration->type == DECORATION_REF_HEAD) {
-				strbuf_addstr(sb, color_reset);
-				strbuf_addstr(sb, color_commit);
 				strbuf_addstr(sb, " -> ");
 				strbuf_addstr(sb, color_reset);
 				strbuf_addstr(sb, decorate_get_color(use_color, current_and_HEAD->type));
diff --git a/t/t4207-log-decoration-colors.sh b/t/t4207-log-decoration-colors.sh
index f8008b6..b972296 100755
--- a/t/t4207-log-decoration-colors.sh
+++ b/t/t4207-log-decoration-colors.sh
@@ -44,7 +44,7 @@ test_expect_success setup '
 '
 
 cat >expected <<EOF
-${c_commit}COMMIT_ID${c_reset}${c_commit} (${c_reset}${c_HEAD}HEAD${c_reset}${c_commit} ->\
+${c_commit}COMMIT_ID${c_reset}${c_commit} (${c_reset}${c_HEAD}HEAD ->\
  ${c_reset}${c_branch}master${c_reset}${c_commit},\
  ${c_reset}${c_tag}tag: v1.0${c_reset}${c_commit},\
  ${c_reset}${c_tag}tag: B${c_reset}${c_commit})${c_reset} B
-- 
2.8.2.537.g0965dd9