Subject: [PATCH v4 0/4] cache-tree building fix in the presence of ita entries

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2016 07:06:23 +0200

v4 removes the leading underscore from _EMPTY_BLOB and _EMPTY_TREE and
updates 4/4 slightly like this.

diff --git a/cache-tree.c b/cache-tree.c
index 2d50640..f28b1f4 100644
--- a/cache-tree.c
+++ b/cache-tree.c
@@ -325,6 +325,7 @@ static int update_one(struct cache_tree *it,
 		const unsigned char *sha1;
 		unsigned mode;
 		int expected_missing = 0;
+		int contains_ita = 0;
 
 		path = ce->name;
 		pathlen = ce_namelen(ce);
@@ -341,7 +342,8 @@ static int update_one(struct cache_tree *it,
 			i += sub->count;
 			sha1 = sub->cache_tree->sha1;
 			mode = S_IFDIR;
-			if (sub->cache_tree->entry_count < 0) {
+			contains_ita = sub->cache_tree->entry_count < 0;
+			if (contains_ita) {
 				to_invalidate = 1;
 				expected_missing = 1;
 			}
@@ -381,10 +383,9 @@ static int update_one(struct cache_tree *it,
 		}
 
 		/*
-		 * "sub" can be an empty tree if subentries are i-t-a.
+		 * "sub" can be an empty tree if all subentries are i-t-a.
 		 */
-		if (sub && sub->cache_tree->entry_count < 0 &&
-		    !hashcmp(sha1, EMPTY_TREE_SHA1_BIN))
+		if (contains_ita && !hashcmp(sha1, EMPTY_TREE_SHA1_BIN))
 			continue;
 
 		strbuf_grow(&buffer, entlen + 100);

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (4):
  test-lib.sh: introduce and use $EMPTY_TREE
  test-lib.sh: introduce and use $EMPTY_BLOB
  cache-tree.c: fix i-t-a entry skipping directory updates sometimes
  cache-tree: do not generate empty trees as a result of all i-t-a
    subentries

 cache-tree.c                         | 14 +++++++++++---
 t/t0000-basic.sh                     |  2 +-
 t/t1011-read-tree-sparse-checkout.sh |  8 ++++----
 t/t1100-commit-tree-options.sh       |  2 +-
 t/t1700-split-index.sh               | 24 ++++++++++++------------
 t/t2203-add-intent.sh                | 31 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t3102-ls-tree-wildcards.sh         |  8 ++++----
 t/t4010-diff-pathspec.sh             |  2 --
 t/t4054-diff-bogus-tree.sh           | 10 ++++------
 t/t5504-fetch-receive-strict.sh      |  4 ++--
 t/t7011-skip-worktree-reading.sh     | 12 +++++-------
 t/t7012-skip-worktree-writing.sh     | 10 ++++------
 t/t7063-status-untracked-cache.sh    |  6 +++---
 t/t7508-status.sh                    |  2 +-
 t/test-lib.sh                        |  5 ++++-
 15 files changed, 87 insertions(+), 53 deletions(-)

-- 
2.9.1.566.gbd532d4