Subject: Re: [PATCH] worktree: add: introduce the --name option

From: Antoine Tenart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 21:35:23 +0200

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 09:04:11PM +0200, Duy Nguyen wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 8:54 PM, Antoine Tenart <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 08:23:58PM +0200, Duy Nguyen wrote:
> >> On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 8:04 PM, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >>
> >> 080739b (worktree.c: find_worktree() search by path suffix -
> >> 2016-06-13) from 'next' should help identify worktrees in this case by
> >> specifying 'project0/foo', 'project1/foo'... Granted it's not fun to
> >> type all that when 'project0/foo' is something long, and bash
> >> completion probably does not help much either.
> >
> > So with this I'll be able to create new worktrees, using paths having
> > the same basename, but in different let's say "project directories"?
> 
> Well, internal name is still out of your control, but if you want to
> do something to a worktree you can say "do project0/foo". With 'next'
> those verbs can be lock and unlock. We probably can make 'worktree
> list' take filter and show just one worktree (and just add "git
> worktree show" for that).

Hmm, so if I understand correctly my use case still won't be supported,
as adding a new worktree with the same basename will fail. Or did I miss
something?

-- 
Antoine