Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Jul 2016, #07; Mon, 25)

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2016 07:14:43 +0000

Lars Schneider <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On 26 Jul 2016, at 00:50, Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > 
> > * ew/git-svn-http-tests (2016-07-25) 2 commits
> > - git svn: migrate tests to use lib-httpd
> > - t/t91*: do not say how to avoid the tests
> > 
> > Reuse the lib-httpd test infrastructure when testing the subversion
> > integration that interacts with subversion repositories served over
> > the http:// protocol.
> > 
> > Will merge to 'next'.
> 
> Do I understand correctly that this patch fixes $gmane/295291 ?
> Nice! Should we add "GIT_SVN_TEST_HTTPD=true" to the .travis.yml, then?

Maybe :)

Unfortunately, that currently causes the svn file:// tests (using the
same test numbers+files) to be skipped.  We should probably define new
test numbers and figure out a way to be able to always run file:// and
http:// (and svn://) tests.

On a side note, svn:// ought to be easy since svnserve supports --inetd
and we can let the kernel bind a random port.  We could be doing the
same with git-daemon --inetd, even...