Subject: Re: A note from the maintainer

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2016 22:42:55 +0000

Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]> wrote:
> For those who prefer to read it over NNTP:
> 
> 	nntp://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git
> 
> is still available.  An alternative
> 
>         nntp://news.public-inbox.org/inbox.comp.version-control.git
> 
> will become usable once it catches up with old messages.

Mostly caught up, I injected 33 more today which were
cross-posted (which tripped up some of my anti-spam rules) or
simply missed by gmane.

There may be more in some personal archives gmane doesn't
have...

I've also added NNTP links (including gmane) to the footer in
public-inbox.org/git

> message ID is often the most robust (if not very friendly) way to do
> so, like this:
> 
> 	http://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]

Some of the generated links have %40 in them which is the URI
escape for '@'.  I'll make a change to keep the '@' unescaped to
lessen confusion.

Due to the use of SQLite as a stable store for NNTP article
numbers; public-inbox can also do partial matching (up to 100
results, currently) to help correct legitimate mistakes; but I
wouldn't rely on it too much:

	public-inbox.org/git/Pine.LNX.4.58.0504150753440