Subject: Re: Draft of Git Rev News edition 18

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 09:30:27 +0000

Jakub Narębski <[email-masked]> wrote:
> It's a great pity that https://public-inbox.org/ is just
> directory index, not a true home page.

+Cc [email-masked]

I'm not sure one could do better while staying true to the
minimalist nature of plain-text email.

In the spirit of decentralization, there may not be /a/
homepage, but many.   Everything is meant to clonable with each
public-inbox, so maybe every public-inbox will have a code
branch attached to it with the source+docs bundled.

At least for now, other pages are more easily discoverable[1]
but one day I hope to have repobrowse[2] running there (and
maybe everywhere).

For now, I am prioritizing user/admin/hacker documentation so
more instances can exist.  I'll probably get some online help
stuff up tomorrow.

[1] at least the top-level of public-inbox.org already has more
    content than both YHBT.net and bogomips.org combined :)

[2] git clone -b repobrowse https://public-inbox.org/ ...
    (idle the moment: think cgit|gitweb with the same (lack of)
     style as public-inbox, +search, +mail thread integration)