Subject: Re: Working with public-inbox.org [Was: [PATCH] rev-parse: respect core.hooksPath in --git-path]

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 20:56:36 +0000

Eric Wong <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Currently for web users, I suggest:
> 
> 	curl $URL >tmpXXX
> 
> 	# open tmpXXXX and tag+copy to patchesXXX using MUA of choice:
> 	# (also seems to be what Jeff describes):
> 	mutt -f tmpXXX
> 
> 	git am patchesXXXX

I should add this is also a better match to an "offline first"
workflow for disconnected use.  My Internet connections drop
all the time :<

I don't mind people over-downloading at all, and stuffing an
extra cover + comments is likely more efficient with gzip than
going back online to fetch separately.

> Perhaps adding checkbox next to each item might work as a
> select-to-include-in-mbox download form.

...So I'm not sure if I want to invest time into this idea
since either the server or user could be offline by the
time messages are selected.