Subject: [PATCH v3 0/4] git add --chmod: always change the file

From: Thomas Gummerer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 22:08:14 +0100

Thanks to Junio on setting me straight on the change of behaviour in
the previous round.

This round includes a similar change, which does however not change
the behaviour of update-index with repeated arguments.  I still think
the unification of the way git add and git update-index handle chmod
is useful, when we can keep the behaviour with multiple arguments in
update-index the same.

Thomas Gummerer (4):
  add: document the chmod option
  update-index: use the same structure for chmod as add
  read-cache: introduce chmod_index_entry
  add: modify already added files when --chmod is given

 Documentation/git-add.txt     |  7 ++++++-
 builtin/add.c                 | 36 +++++++++++++++++++++++-----------
 builtin/checkout.c            |  2 +-
 builtin/commit.c              |  2 +-
 builtin/update-index.c        | 45 ++++++++++++++++++-------------------------
 cache.h                       | 12 +++++++-----
 read-cache.c                  | 33 +++++++++++++++++++++++--------
 t/t2107-update-index-basic.sh | 13 +++++++++++++
 t/t3700-add.sh                | 21 ++++++++++++++++++++
 9 files changed, 118 insertions(+), 53 deletions(-)

-- 
2.10.0.304.gf2ff484