Subject: Re: [wishlist?] make submodule commands robust to having non-submodule Subprojects

From: Yaroslav Halchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:40:35 -0400

On Thu, 15 Sep 2016, Stefan Beller wrote:

> > I think it would be more logical to make it a 'warning:' not a 'fatal:' and
> > proceed.

> So maybe we would want to introduce a switch
>   `--existing-but-unconfigure-gitlinks=(warn|ignore)`
> as well as
> `git config submodule.existing-but-unconfigured (warn|ignore)`
> for a more permanent solution?

possibly ignorant question:  is  gitlink === Subproject    or a
Subproject is a kinda of a gitlink and there are other gitlinks which
aren't Subprojects? ;)

-- 
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Center for Open Neuroscience     http://centerforopenneuroscience.org
Dartmouth College, 419 Moore Hall, Hinman Box 6207, Hanover, NH 03755
Phone: +1 (603) 646-9834                       Fax: +1 (603) 646-1419
WWW:   http://www.linkedin.com/in/yarik