Subject: [PATCH 0/3] auto-sizing default abbreviation length

From: Junio C Hamano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 17:19:34 -0700

So here is what I queued in 'pu' tonight after back and forth with
Linus and Peff.  The third step from Linus needs to be signed off
and also a meaningful log message for it needs to be written, and
also may need to be updated to include what Linus did in [*1*], but
otherwise I think these are in good enough shape for people to start
playing with them.

They apply on top of Peff's jk/ambiguous-short-object-names topic
that ends at 5b33cb1fd7 ("get_short_sha1: make default
disambiguation configurable", 2016-09-27).

*1*

http://public-inbox.org/git/<CA+55aFxyF=[email-masked]>

Junio C Hamano (2):
  abbrev: add FALLBACK_DEFAULT_ABBREV to prepare for auto sizing
  abbrev: prepare for new world order

Linus Torvalds (1):
  abbrev: auto size the default abbreviation

 builtin/fetch.c     |  3 +++
 builtin/rev-parse.c |  5 +++--
 cache.h             |  4 ++++
 diff.c              | 25 +++++++++++++++++++++++--
 environment.c       |  2 +-
 sha1_name.c         | 28 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++-
 transport.h         |  3 +--
 7 files changed, 62 insertions(+), 8 deletions(-)

-- 
2.10.0-622-g05f606bbb0