Subject: Re: How to watch a mailing list & repo for patches which affect a certain area of code?

From: Eric Wong <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 15:11:18 +0000

Ian Kelling <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I've got patches in various projects, and I don't have time to keep up
> with the mailing list, but I'd like to help out with maintenance of that
> code, or the functions/files it touches. People don't cc me. I figure I
> could filter the list, test patches submitted, commits made, mentions of
> files/functions, build filters based on the code I have in the repo even
> if it's been moved or changed subsequently. I'm wondering what other
> people have implemented already for automation around this, or general
> thoughts. Web search is not showing me much.

For the mailing list, you can try following an Atom feed for
any specific search query.
https://public-inbox.org/git/?q=FILE_OR_FUNCTION&x=A
(the "x=A" makes it an Atom feed)

It's all still a work-in-progress but there'll be better
filename and diff handling in public-inbox soon.

It's all AGPL and the data is only sourced from this mailing
list, so 100% reproducible as I'm incapable of running a
reliable server :>   Clone instructions at the bottom of
https://public-inbox.org/git/