Subject: Git Gui bugs Debian Jessie Package: git (1:2.1.4-2.1+deb8u2)

From: Walt Feasel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 18:58:22 -0500

These may be well know but I was not able to find a bug tracker so here it goes.

1) When selecting help, about git gui it crashes wth the error:
	
	error: git-gui died of signal 11

2) With the default installation there are two different default text types.
	
	Edit, Options, under Global (All Repositories) at the bottom for
	Main Font: DejaVu Sans-12pt
	Diff/Console Font: DejaVu Sans Mono-12pt.

	This causes a discrepence with text alignment. 
	When changed to the same it corrects this.

3) When the same text styles are selected (from above) text alignment still varies
   from what is shown in the text editor (nano for this example) and what is shown
   from using 'git add -p'. 'git add -p' will have the correct alignment but 'git gui'
   will have have lines shifted.

	This will produce varying patches dependant on which method is used.

I have spent alot of time playing with whitespace trying to get columns to align
and not having a viewable bug tracker listing has added to the this frustration.

If these issues have been corrected in a newer version than the Debian package ;)
please let me know and also if more info is requested.

Walt