Subject: [PATCHv4 0/2] pathspec: give better message for submodule related pathspec error

From: Stefan Beller <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2017 17:48:33 -0800

> It MIGHT be a handy hack when writing a test, but let's stop doing
> that insanity.  No sane project does that in real life, doesn't it?

> Create a subdirectory, make it a repository, have a commit there and
> bind that as our own submodule.  That would be a more normal way to
> start your own superproject and its submodule pair if they originate
> together at the same place.

This comes as an extra patch before the actual fix.

The actual fixing patch was reworded borrowing some words from Jeff.

As this makes use of "test_commit -C", it goes on top of sb/submodule-embed-gitdir

Thanks,
Stefan

Stefan Beller (2):
  submodule tests: don't use itself as a submodule
  pathspec: give better message for submodule related pathspec error

 pathspec.c                       | 24 ++++++++++++++++++++++--
 t/lib-submodule-update.sh        |  2 ++
 t/t6134-pathspec-in-submodule.sh | 33 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t7001-mv.sh                    |  5 +++--
 t/t7507-commit-verbose.sh        |  4 +++-
 t/t7800-difftool.sh              |  4 +++-
 t/test-lib-functions.sh          | 16 ++++++++++++++++
 7 files changed, 82 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t6134-pathspec-in-submodule.sh

-- 
2.11.0.rc2.31.g2cc886f