Subject: [PATCH v5 0/4] Per-worktree config file support

From: Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2017 18:25:20 +0700

Let's get this rolling again. To refresh your memory because it's half
a year since v4 [1], this is about letting each worktree in multi
worktree setup has their own config settings. The most prominent ones
are core.worktree, used by submodules, and core.sparseCheckout.

This time I'm not touching submodules at all. I'm leaving it in the
good hands of "submodule people". All I'm providing is mechanism. How
you use it is up to you. So the series benefits sparse checkout users
only.

Not much has changed from v4, except that the migration to new config
layout is done automatically _update_ a config variable with "git
config --worktree".

I think this one is more or less ready. I have an RFC follow-up patch
about core.bare, but that could be handled separately.

[1] http://public-inbox.org/git/[email-masked]/

Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (4):
  config: read per-worktree config files
  config: --worktree for manipulating per-worktree config file
  config: automatically migrate to new config layout when --worktree is used
  t2029: add tests for per-worktree config

 Documentation/config.txt               | 11 ++++-
 Documentation/git-config.txt           | 26 ++++++++---
 Documentation/git-worktree.txt         | 37 +++++++++++++++
 Documentation/gitrepository-layout.txt |  8 ++++
 builtin/config.c                       | 16 ++++++-
 cache.h                                |  2 +
 config.c                               |  7 +++
 environment.c                          |  1 +
 setup.c                                |  5 ++-
 t/t2029-worktree-config.sh (new +x)    | 82 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 worktree.c                             | 40 +++++++++++++++++
 worktree.h                             |  6 +++
 12 files changed, 230 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t2029-worktree-config.sh

-- 
2.8.2.524.g6ff3d78