Subject: [PATCH v3 1/5] Documentation/stash: remove mention of git reset --hard

From: Thomas Gummerer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 20:26:38 +0000

Don't mention git reset --hard in the documentation for git stash save.
It's an implementation detail that doesn't matter to the end user and
thus shouldn't be exposed to them.  In addition it's not quite true for
git stash -p, and will not be true when a filename argument to limit the
stash to a few files is introduced.

Signed-off-by: Thomas Gummerer <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/git-stash.txt | 5 +++--
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-stash.txt b/Documentation/git-stash.txt
index 2e9cef06e6..2e9e344cd7 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-stash.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-stash.txt
@@ -47,8 +47,9 @@ OPTIONS
 
 save [-p|--patch] [-k|--[no-]keep-index] [-u|--include-untracked] [-a|--all] [-q|--quiet] [<message>]::
 
-	Save your local modifications to a new 'stash', and run `git reset
-	--hard` to revert them.  The <message> part is optional and gives
+	Save your local modifications to a new 'stash' and roll them
+	back to HEAD (in the working tree and in the index).
+	The <message> part is optional and gives
 	the description along with the stashed state.  For quickly making
 	a snapshot, you can omit _both_ "save" and <message>, but giving
 	only <message> does not trigger this action to prevent a misspelled
-- 
2.12.0.rc0.208.g81c5d00b20.dirty