Subject: [PATCH v2 00/11] decoupling a submodule's existence and its url

From: Brandon Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2017 17:23:34 -0800

Differences from v1:
* Reordered some of the patches
* added submodule.<name>.active boolean config option which can be used to do
  more fine grain selection of submodules while still decoupling the existence
  from the URL.
* submodule.<name>.active has precedence over the pathspec stored in
  submodule.active

Brandon Williams (11):
  submodule--helper: add is_active command
  submodule status: use submodule--helper is-active
  submodule deinit: use most reliable url
  submodule sync: use submodule--helper is-active
  submodule--helper clone: check for configured submodules using helper
  submodule: decouple url and submodule existence
  submodule update: add `--init-active` switch
  clone: add --submodule-spec=<pathspec> switch
  completion: clone can initialize specific submodules
  submodule--helper init: set submodule.<name>.active
  submodule add: respect submodule.active and submodule.<name>.active

 Documentation/config.txt               |  15 ++++-
 Documentation/git-clone.txt            |  23 ++++---
 Documentation/git-submodule.txt        |  11 +++-
 builtin/clone.c                        |  36 ++++++++++-
 builtin/submodule--helper.c            |  33 ++++++----
 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash |   1 +
 git-submodule.sh                       |  40 +++++++++---
 submodule.c                            |  36 +++++++++--
 t/t7400-submodule-basic.sh             | 109 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t7413-submodule-is-active.sh         | 107 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 10 files changed, 376 insertions(+), 35 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t7413-submodule-is-active.sh

-- 
2.12.0.246.ga2ecc84866-goog