Subject: [PATCH 0/2] bringing attributes to pathspecs

From: Brandon Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2017 13:07:54 -0800

This small series extends the pathspec magic to allow users to specify
attributes that files must have in order for a pathspec to 'match' a file.

One potential use for this is to allow a repository to specify attributes for a
set of files.  The user can then specify that attribute as a pathspec to
perform various operations only on that set of files. One simple example:

	git ls-files -- ":(attr:text)"

can be used to list all of the files with the 'text' attribute.

Brandon Williams (2):
  pathspec: allow querying for attributes
  pathspec: allow escaped query values

 Documentation/glossary-content.txt |  20 ++++
 attr.c                             |  17 ++++
 attr.h                             |   1 +
 dir.c                              |  43 ++++++++-
 pathspec.c                         | 165 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 pathspec.h                         |  16 +++-
 t/t6135-pathspec-with-attrs.sh     | 190 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 7 files changed, 442 insertions(+), 10 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t6135-pathspec-with-attrs.sh

-- 
2.12.0.246.ga2ecc84866-goog