Subject: [PATCH v3 00/10] decoupling a submodule's existence and its url

From: Brandon Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 14:43:31 -0700

changes in v3:

* Droped a patch which tried to use a more accurate URL for deinit.  It didn't
  really fit inside the scope of this series.  It may be something we want to
  revisit later though.

* The --init-active flag now ensure that all submodules which are configured to
  be 'active' (either via 'submodule.active' or 'submodule.<name>.active') go
  through the initialization phase and have their relevent info copied over to
  the config.

Brandon Williams (10):
  submodule--helper: add is_active command
  submodule status: use submodule--helper is-active
  submodule sync: use submodule--helper is-active
  submodule--helper clone: check for configured submodules using helper
  submodule: decouple url and submodule existence
  submodule update: add `--init-active` switch
  clone: add --submodule-spec=<pathspec> switch
  completion: clone can initialize specific submodules
  submodule--helper init: set submodule.<name>.active
  submodule add: respect submodule.active and submodule.<name>.active

 Documentation/config.txt               |  15 +++-
 Documentation/git-clone.txt            |  23 ++++--
 Documentation/git-submodule.txt        |   9 +++
 builtin/clone.c                        |  36 +++++++++-
 builtin/submodule--helper.c            |  68 ++++++++++++++----
 contrib/completion/git-completion.bash |   1 +
 git-submodule.sh                       |  43 +++++++++--
 submodule.c                            |  36 ++++++++--
 t/t7400-submodule-basic.sh             | 128 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t7413-submodule-is-active.sh         | 107 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 10 files changed, 431 insertions(+), 35 deletions(-)
 create mode 100755 t/t7413-submodule-is-active.sh

-- 
2.12.0.246.ga2ecc84866-goog